The Tamil Nadu National Law School Adhoc Hostel Regulations - 2013
The Tamil Nadu National Law School Adhoc Hostel Regulations are hereby issued.
- These regulations are called, The Tamil Nadu National Law School Hostel Adhoc Regulations 2013. It shall apply to Hostel maintained by the TNNLS in its campus.
- A Professor, who is nominated by the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, is the Warden of the Hostels. Deputy Warden for Men’s hostel and Matron for Women’s hostel shall be appointed by Vice-Chancellor. They shall be responsible for day to day administration of the hostel and disciplinary control over the inmates.
- Every student admitted in the TNNLS shall reside in the hostel maintained by TNNLS, Tiruchirappalli.
- The inmates of the hostel shall obey the instructions and directions of the Warden / Deputy Warden.
- Every student shall wear decent dress while staying in the hostel and visiting the mess for dining.
- Eve-teasing, Ragging, Harassment in any form and other similar activities are prohibited in the hostel. Any student found committing such act shall be punished under relevant Act.
- Every student must obtain a written permission to move out of the hostel and must sign in the movement register maintained by the Deputy Warden/Matron at the time of leaving from the hostel and returning to the hostel.
- The student should not allow or bring outsiders and guests to stay in the hostel.
- The student shall not indulge in any act likely to cause damage/injury to person or property.
- No student is allowed to stay in the hostel during class hours without permission.
- Every student shall take care of their belongings inside his/her room. The TNNLS is not responsible for any loss of belongings of the inmates of the hostel.
- The authorities for the purpose of maintaining discipline in the hostel may impose fine, suspension, dismissal or any other punishment which the authority may deem fit under the circumstances for any violation of the Adhoc Regulations 2013.
- Inmates shall not remove furniture from one room to another. Under no circumstances the inmates shall take the furniture and vessels of the hostel outside the campus and to their respective room without permission.
- Any misbehaviour of the student with the mess staff/Deputy Warden/ Matron/ fellow student will be viewed seriously and disciplinary action will be taken against them.
- Smoking within the hostel & Institution campus is strictly prohibited. Any breach in this regard will lead to disciplinary action.
- Consumption of alcohol by the inmate of the hostel is strictly prohibited. Those who are found to have consumed any intoxicating liquor or other narcotic drugs shall be liable for criminal prosecution and be sent out with Transfer Certificate.
- Firing of crackers in the hostel premises is strictly prohibited.
- Inmates of the hostel should not conduct meetings, functions, celebrations etc. in their rooms or in the hostel precincts without the prior permission of the Registrar / Vice-Chancellor. Any breach in this regard will lead to disciplinary action.
- Wall writing, affixing any posters or defacing in any form on the walls of the Hostel building is strictly prohibited.
- Meals or tiffin will be served to the inmates in the mess hall at the prescribed time only except in case of sickness with the prior permission of the Deputy Warden/Matron. Outside food shall not be allowed inside the hostel. Inmates should not find fault with or rebuke the cook or any employee of the hostel performing their duties. Any complaint or suggestion should be made to the Deputy Warden/Matron. No inmate is allowed to enter into kitchen of the hostel.
- Leave of absence from the hostel should be obtained from the Deputy Warden/Matron. The application for such leave is to be given not less than one full day in advance. All inmates should report to the Deputy Warden/Matron on return from vacation or week end.
- The Hostel Main gate/door will be closed at 7.00 p.m. daily. Attendance will be taken by the Deputy Warden /Matron at 7.30 p.m. daily.
- Only the visitors specifically approved by the parents/guardians of the inmates would be permitted between 9.00 a.m. and 6.30 p.m. on working days. No person other than the parents/guardians or those permitted by them in writing at the time of admission shall be permitted to meet the inmates. In emergencies, the visitors specifically permitted by parents/guardians can be allowed to meet the inmates in the presence of the Deputy Warden/Matron, only on days other than holidays. At the time of admission, the applicants must produce from their parents/guardians a letter intimating the names of the local relatives, if any, with whom the inmates may be permitted to spend on week end only.
- Inmates shall not go out of the hostel without the permission of the Deputy Warden or stay out for the night without a letter of authority from their parents or guardians countersigned by their parents/guardians to spend on week end with their relatives and shall return to the hostel by Sunday evening. All applications for leave must be countersigned by the Deputy Warden/Matron.
- Inmates shall be held responsible for making good any damage caused by them to the hostel property.
- Inmates shall not give disturbance / nuisance to other person in any way.
- Any change in the Adhoc Hostel Regulation 2013 that may be necessary will be placed on the notice board.
Note: Subject to Approval of Competent Authorities of the TNNLS